Subscribe...

Thursday 6 March 2008

I didn't wash today, I may not wash tomorrow either

The greatest thing, well one of the great things, with being off this week is that I don't have to shave, wash, or in any way have to give a hairy monkeys bottom about how I look or even smell.

Ah the freedom!

I need not worry about the sock police, the fingernail inspectors, or any of the
comandantes of (personal) cleanliness.

Instead I get to sit here in my own filth with a beard like Gandalf and watch my fingers turn a lovely golden brown. It's very satisfying.

I only changed my shirt today because I got a whole load of last nights dinner down it. But I'm wearing this one tomorrow and maybe the day after too.


I did an interview for the BBC today, for their food magazine OLIVE. I didn't wash my face, I didn't brush my teeth, hell I didn't even get dressed. Thankfully for the good people at the BBC it was over the phone. My little feature thingy will be in June's edition, I'll probably remind you when it comes out.

If I remember. (Pfft you'll be getting commemorative badges done no doubt-LMM)

I was also contacted about doing a radio interview yesterday for the BBC. But I'm not so sure. The overlords pass the time of day with the radio on. They wouldn't take kindly to me airing my opinions over the airwaves. But still nice to be asked. I haven't said no, I'm ruminating (whilst stroking my beard)

*********

I haven't served a table in anger since last Thursday, thankfully this lot have been busy, this weeks Blog Carnival, THE ROUNDTABLE....
  1. Raging Server - No?
  2. Upset Waitress - Spitball
  3. Dine in or Take Out - Educate
  4. Bitter Waitress - Hostess
  5. Red Lobster Blog - Math(s)
  6. I Serve Idiots - Idiot (but bwahahahahaha)
  7. At Least Call Me Miss - Shirley
  8. El Vermino Boulevard - Popped
  9. Restaurant Gal - Funday
  10. Well Done Fillet - Leunam

*******

And one more link, from Elemental Soup "An orange affair"

29 People trying to get Manuel's attention:

Anonymous said...

That's great on the magazine coverage. But do you ever read your emails? :P

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes you do!

Manuel said...

green ink: cheers.....yes, yes I do....but not when LMM is here...she cuss's at me.....

fatmammycat said...

Darling so many congrats on the interviews. I have you and Gimmie and a few more Irish blogs down for a mention with the Trib, but I haven't heard nowt yet and I'm away for the weekend running, so if it DOES come out this weekend I cannot even tell you in advance. However I would just like to say that darling I read you every day and I love the blog, I love it like I like cheese. So enjoy the week off Manuel. You deserve it.
FMC x

Manuel said...

FMC: how very very sweet of you to say so....I'll check the trib this weekend......I'm having lunch with our mutual friend tomorrow.....crikey..... drunk twice in the same week.....I couldn't cope....

Anonymous said...

Some smart hole will hear you on the radio and you'll be instantaneously outed unless they make your voice sound like Macy Gray. Well, more like Macy Gray. Only you know how being outed will impact on the job and the suits.
Nice to see mainstream media picking you up though.

Please wash and shave. And open the curtains and a window or two while you're at it. Has Ginger Gerry's soul parked itself in you or something? Ginger Gerry out, Smelly Manuelly in. Coincidence, I think not.

Manuel said...

BBB: bwahahahahaha actually my facial hair has a very red tinge to it......re the bbc thing you are of course correct.....the suits/jeans and shirts people wouldn't be happy.......I'll save it til I quit...

Green Ink said...

What FMC said, with little edible flowers on top.
Ah fuck. I just can't do food metaphors.

Old Knudsen said...

Interviewer: so you get people's food and complain about them on-line then?

Manuel: yes but in a witty way.

Interviewer: hmmm sure you do, now tell us about Old Knudsen.

You dirty wee man, start bragging when you haven't wiped yer arse for 2 weeks,(I'm on week 8)

Anonymous said...

"Instead I get to sit here in my own filth with a beard like Gandalf and watch my fingers turn a lovely golden brown."

Umm, ew?

Jenny said...

I call this "Dirt Ball Day" in my life - I just tell myself 100 years ago daily showering was merely a dream... and then I go back to sleep.

Enjoy your free time!

The Mistress said...

Personal hygiene interferes with blogging time.

Carry on.

Rosie said...

surely LMM will put a stop to this slovenly behaviour? for the sake of her own health if not yours?

i did a radio interview in my knickers on tuesday. apparently i got it wrong, you're supposed to picture your audience in their knickers when you're nervous, not strip down to your own. i wonder could the listeners tell?

savannah said...

why are your fingers turning golden brown, sugar? *arched eyebrow*

Anonymous said...

Savannah - That'll be the increase in Manuel rolling more ciggies than normal due to the extra free time. That drum tobacco with no filter plays havoc!

Anonymous said...

I bet you sniff your armpits with a sense of satisfaction too, you dirty brute!

You should do the BBC interview in your best Julian Simmons impression.

Anonymous said...

ah man you reek, I can get it from here!

Karen said...

This is one of those occasions when I am grateful I live on the other side of the world. Poor LMM.

Mudflapgypsy said...

You'll be writing a bloody book next.
Yet more excuse to not wash and lie about in your underwear all day.

You are just sitting about feeling insecure and wanting the phone to ring with another journo who will hand on your every word.

Pull youerself together man, ring them first! ;-)

Mudflapgypsy said...

Ah fook, if I would only speck my chelling once in a while.

Unknown said...

Famous AND smelly, are you sure you're not really old Knudie in disguise?

Anonymous said...

What is it with boys?

After 2 weeks you don't actually get any dirtier....it's true, not that I have tried it or anything....

Native Minnow said...

At least wash your socks. You don't want to smell like dirty feet, even if you're not showering.

Manuel said...

Greenie: no you cant but I get the point, cheers....

Knudsen: pfft! you wish.....on both accounts....

Camsavwin: you, from all the smoking....what were you thinking....

Boxer: ah happy days....

MJ: correct....

Rosie: she does and she has....knickers eh.....me too....eh I mean boxers....obviously....

Savannah: smoking!!

Dave: correct!

Sheepo: "and now on the well done fillet.....""

Conortje: manly eh?

Gypsy: yeah yeah you wish.....

Muddy: no, I'm staying under my rock waiting for them.....

Conan: bwahahahaha he wishes....

Quinny: it's true and you knows it....

Minnow: new pair everyday.....

INNER VOICES said...

a week off. how nice it is... enjoy! hope you at least get a drunk on once before ten a.m.

savannah said...

thank you, dave...i was a bit worried with the no washing, etc... ;-)

Anonymous said...

did a phone interview for a trade magazine in my undies while still in bed. since i was on the hotel phone (it had a cord!?!?!?) i couldn't go pee during the conversation. which i would have, if it hadn't been for the cord.

vacations = dirtball. enjoy it!

lorraine@italianfoodies said...

congrats on Olive I'm jealous, who needs an award;)They only have to be shined every hour and they do take up space in the bed:)

Anonymous said...

成人電影,情色,本土自拍, 情色聊天室, 寄情築園小遊戲, AV女優,成人電影,情色,本土自拍, A片下載, 日本A片, 麗的色遊戲, 色色網, ,嘟嘟情人色網, 色情網站, 成人網站, 正妹牆, 正妹百人斬, aio,伊莉, 伊莉討論區, 成人遊戲, 成人影城,
ut聊天室, 免費A片, AV女優, 美女視訊, 情色交友, 免費AV, 色情網站, 辣妹視訊, 美女交友, 色情影片 成人影片, 成人網站, A片,H漫, 18成人, 成人圖片, 成人漫畫, 情色網,
美女交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人貼圖, 成人電影, A片, 豆豆聊天室, 聊天室, UT聊天室, 尋夢園聊天室, 男同志聊天室, UT男同志聊天室, 聊天室尋夢園, 080聊天室, 080苗栗人聊天室, 6K聊天室, 女同志聊天室, 小高聊天室, 情色論壇, 色情網站, 成人網站, 成人論壇, 免費A片, 上班族聊天室, 成人聊天室, 成人小說, 微風成人區, 色美媚部落格, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人論壇,
日本A片, 愛情公寓, 情色, 舊情人, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 情色交友, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 色情a片, 一夜情, 辣妹視訊, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊, 視訊美女, 美女視訊, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, 情人視訊網影音視訊聊天室, 視訊交友90739, 成人影片, 成人交友, 本土自拍, 免費A片下載, 性愛,
成人交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人電影, 成人, 成人貼圖, 成人小說, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人遊戲, 微風成人, 愛情公寓, 情色, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 做愛, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 寄情築園小遊戲, 色情遊戲情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 言情小說, 愛情小說, 色情A片, 情色論壇, 色情影片, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊美女, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, a片下載, aV, av片, A漫, av dvd, av成人網, 聊天室, 成人論壇, 本土自拍, 自拍, A片,成人電影,情色,本土自拍,