Subscribe...

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Art v Doodles...

I picked up this napkin from a table last week. It's what they pay me to do. But rather than just bin it, which is also what they pay me to do, I kept it. They don't pay me for that. I was intrigued by it. It was drawn by a woman I would guess was in her 50's. Hey maybe she was bored with the guy she was with. Maybe I should just throw out peoples doodles. Or maybe I should start a new blog featuring only customers napkin doodles.

Probably wont all the same.

"tipping"

Also I finally ordered this print by Nick Dewar from Thumbtack Press. I really love it. It's called tipping but I prefer "Stiffed Waiter" but then again I'm not Nick Dewar. There are some great prints on there and it's well worth a look. I'm not on the make here by the way. I'm also giving it some serious consideration as my next tattoo.

23 People trying to get Manuel's attention:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I'm into art. Which one's the doodle again?

Manuel said...

bbb: cheeky sod....

Jeny said...

more napkin doodles would be awesome. is this something that people do a lot? i thought i was the only one that napkin doodled all the time. how interesting!

Manuel said...

jeny: oh god yeah all the time......such is my hurry to get things tidied up I normally just bin 'em.....I'll keep the best...

Anonymous said...

i'm not a 'doodler' (no, not a euphemism), but a 'folder'. the small, paper coctail napkins work best - sometimes integrating empty sugar packets. Not origami, just folding into interesting shapes. well, interesting to me, anyway. just annoys the fuck out of whoever happens to be sitting at the same table...

Manuel said...

daisyfae: I like folder and doodlers...it's rippers that wind me up.....a-holes.....

Blondefabulous said...

Kinda looks like a simple rendition of "Maniel vs. The Builders". You're there all happy, and the buliders are the x's and o's, planning how to knock down your back wall and play loud, unlikeable music.

Bwah ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

It looks like the doodler was plotting her garden.

Jenny said...

"Doodle-Kins" would be a great NEW blog for you.... it's been about 6 months aren't you due for another one?

Megan McGurk said...

She's working out issues from her childhood on that napkin.

Love the print, btw.

Anonymous said...

The print's teriific. And may I say long live Manue?

Je suis blootered. Just the chequemplease. Soorry for being rubbish

Anonymous said...

"Next tattoo", eh? So what have you got done already? Is it a Mickey Mouse your sugarloaf?

Manuel said...

blondie: hahahahahahaa genius....

witchypoo: or.....plotting murder in her garden......eh?

boxer: stop it.......i've enough to be doing....

medbh: I knew you'd get it.....

sam: blootered eh.........nice.......my dad used to get "blootered too".....hehehehe

sheepo: do a search for previous posts and all will be revealed......well not all...

Anonymous said...

Don't get a tattoo of a napkin doodle. Please.

B said...

The print's fantastic.

The three people flying above the house remind me of Superman II.

Manuel said...

bbb: hardly........pfft.....or maybe I will to spite you.....

b: hahahahahahaha

Unknown said...

Did the doodler touch your sugarloaf? Me thinks she wanted a threesome back at her place...

Manuel said...

conan: oh hell no......she kept her hands to herself.....but I see what you are driving at....

INNER VOICES said...

yeah, i like your title better as well.

savannah said...

thanks for the "tip" on the prints, sugar! ;-) xox

Manuel said...

voices: it fits eh....

savannah: i'm all about the tips....

Karen said...

Are you sure the doodler was bored with her man? Looks to me like she was planning the house, garden and 3 kids to me but I'm no psychologist so don't quote me.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one to assume that was a cloth napkin and you should have slapped her?????