Subscribe...

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Do you think I could buy back my introduction to you?


Happy New Year folks from all at WellDoneFillet Industries. I meant to post this last night but between work, a bottle of New Zealand's finest - The Ned, Little Miss Manuel, and the emotion of the night I never quite managed it.

I was a near bubbling mess of tears and quivering lip's before the bongs even went at 12am. Honestly I wonder about myself sometimes. It's was a year of some incredible highs, the mention in the Guardian being something I'm very proud off, and the death of my Aunt being just such a devastating low. Crikey I'm welling up again....

Anyway it would be wrong of me to start this year without thanking a few people who helped make last year such a good one.

Many, many thanks for your help, advice, support, and comments to,

Toast, photographer extraordinaire and the first person to comment. It's easier to keep writing when you know somebody is reading.

CyberScribe
from Cyberscroll for creating and maintaining the Northern Irish Bloggers Web Ring. If it didn't exist I doubt I would have found...

Old Knudsen
, who added WellDoneFillet to his links and as a result my hits went silly. He also showed me that you can write whatever the hell you want, in any style you want, and that it is possible to have 47 blogs. Legend.

I also wouldn't have found Ellie, another child of Belfast. Always has something to say, and always supportive and witty with it. She has also made more guesses as to where I work than anybody else, all wrong too....

Anonymous Boxer and Savannah kept me grounded and in touch with the real world and Fat Mammy Cat never failed to amuse, except when it was horror stories about murder and what have you, and gingerness.....oh the gingerness. There was the Fat Sparrow who came and went and will hopefully come back. Vitriol never read so well....

Then there was Medbh. Medbh had the first word on almost everything I wrote, and encouraged me more than most. She is a gem amongst diamonds, cheers Medbh.

If you aren't on the list you need to do more for me in 2008. Only joking. To everybody, who reads, comments, and visits thank you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart, you have truly made this waiter a very happy one. Remember a waiter is for life, not just for Christmas.

And as the two very timid gay men told me last night before they left,
"Have a fab new Year."
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Marx.
Groucho that is, much funnier than the other one....
Have a fab New Year indeed..........
[comments are closed, no need]