Subscribe...

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Hi, my name is Ronan Keating and I'll be your waiter...apparently.

clicky to make biggy...

What's with the waiter outfit Ronan, eh? Seriously he looks like a plate schlepper from some sort of pretentious, upmarket, douche frequented place called Chez Simone or Katz Place or something as equally disappointing. Oi, Keating, knock it off fella, you're giving us working waiters a bad name. I don't meander about the place dressed like a dandy crooning and swooning at all the young mums and mums of young mums. Sake, it's humiliating. Now that I think about it I did have some uniform go missing last year. Hmmmm.

Oh and I should point out that taking a photograph of a large Boyzone billboard on a Tuesday afternoon in Belfast is a sure way of getting yourself shouted at by men in vans. Most of which involved the word, "fruit". Charming I'm sure.

not a waiter...

29 People trying to get Manuel's attention:

Anonymous said...

Dietary advice for the corpulent distributed by white van men, who'd have thought?

Manuel said...

99 words: yes, yes that's what they meant hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're going to do swapsies with Ronan and take up a singing career? The listening (and waiting) public wants to know...

Manuel said...

spuddie: no......not yet.....actually now that I think on it singing waiters, juggling waiters, naked waiters are all wrong.....serve food, laugh at the customers shit jokes, bring em then bill and move them on.....that's it...anything else and you're just a struggling actor....seriously......what was the question again?

Megan McGurk said...

Hee.
The suffering you do for the blog!
Getting caught snapping that pic must have been brutal.

Manuel said...

Medbh: i got over it quickly enough when a nice looking Japanese couple wandered up beside me and started taking photos of it too.....which was odd.....

Barlinnie said...

The fellas in the van probably mistook you for Louie Walsh.

Was you wearing those velvet 'Wiz of Oz' pumps again by any chance?

Manuel said...

jimmy: louis walsh....that just hurts man....

savannah said...

wait, that's a singing group? and he's wearing the sacred regalia of a waiter as a prop? WTF?

;)


xoxo

Manuel said...

savannah: it's just wrong eh....?!

The Mistress said...

Does your apron tie in the back but not tight enough so that we can all have a glimpse of your fine sugarloaf?

Just lie and tell me yes.

Old Knudsen said...

I am disgusted at the remarks you sometimes make Mr Manuel. People with Tourettes syndrome can not help shouting out words, you really need to be more understanding ya big fruit, so are ya gonna see them or what?

wendysito said...

oy. (can I say oy?) meh

I'm so glad the people I know have the good fashion sense to not let their clothes make a fool of them.

We do that all on our own.

Anonymous said...

Ronan is cute. I wish I looked that good.

Manuel said...

mj: my apron ties very well at the back.....unless of course it;s one of the pointless tiny aprons......sorry yes....

old k: I got us both tickets....you excited?

wendy: oy! I may use it more.....but yes you are right....

anonymous: is that you? The Cousin? Eh? hahahaha

Anonymous said...

HAHA this is *exactly* what i thought when i saw this poster the other day (gt victoria st I think).

Manuel said...

phil: it;s a very odd outfit indeed.....unless of course you are taking orders at table ten...

Unknown said...

That's the outfit he uses to serve up recipes from the wii he (and family) get paid to advertise. "Hello, I'm Ronan, your waiter this evening." Then he probably looks for tips from the missus.

Crispy said...

Yeah that was fine but here are my answers to 50 questions:
no, yes, no, no, yes, yes, no, yes, no, yes. no, yes, no, yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no, no - but Percy has, no, no, no, yes- only once tho, no, no, no, don't think so, no, no, no, I try, no, probably, yes, no, no, no, no - Percy has, Yes, at Percy!, no, NO WAY,not necessarily, yes, yes, no, no, but it would, no and NO but this one time I wished I had!!!

Anonymous said...

Fair play to the fella for not giving up the day job, surely?

The 'Better Tour 09'? Tacit admission from the promoter that the last tour was a bit rubbish, eh? You'll have fun when this crowd's fans come in for their pre-gig dindins...

Lisburn Road, methinks...

Manuel said...

conan: he does wii adverts? oh my.....

crispy: percy would......sake..

Datsuncog: I'm on tour next year.....more bitter than better......ha

Kitty Catastrophe said...

Ah, another fine pearl from those men in vans. Was it a white van?

I hope so.

Manuel said...

kitty cat: ironically it was rainbow of vans...all the colours of vans were guilty..the first was white though..proving jeremy clarkson right that the whit van man is the voice of the people but probably/hopefully just the voice of white van drivers....

Jenny said...

I do love a man in uniform.

liederess said...

Maybe I'll wait for the Best Tour: "The Apron Years." Hey, Manuel, in your honor, I'm refusing all dinner offers to local restaurants which I would have accepted in the past, just to hear bad renditions of H.B. today...pathetic eh?

Native Minnow said...

I don't meander about the place dressed like a dandy crooning and swooning at all the young mums and mums of young mums

At least not on shift, eh?

Anonymous said...

Ha... you totally love ronan.

That's all.

Manuel said...

boxer: oh my!

liederess: awh you should have gone.....!

minnow: no comment...ahem

raptureponies: you love ronan....I love Manuel....

Anonymous said...

You're so right, he definitely looks like an incompetent but forgivably dashing waiter at Chez Simone.
I like his little butterfly badge though.