Subscribe...

Friday 22 August 2008

With apologies to Engelbert Humperdinck...

It's good to be passionate about something. It's good to care about something. I mean we need passionate people in the world to care about old buildings, and dogs, and the rights of the downtrodden indigenous peoples of the Brazilian rain forest.

Passion is a good thing.

Obsession is another thing altogether.

And obsession can easily turn into fetishism. Oh yes it can.

Those people who get their kicks by being kicked in the balls by a woman dressed only in high heels or enjoy a sunday evening dressed up as a toddler and have their partner spank them for messing themselves, they scare me. I mean really scare me. I consider myself to be fairly open minded but if your nighttime routine requires the use of a safety word and an antiseptic gel then I think you need to seek professional help.



I had one of those sorts in for dinner on Thursday night. His particular passion/fetishism?

Pee.

That's right pee.

Sorry not pee, I mean peas.

Wouldn't shut the fuckity fuck up about peas.

"And what are this evenings vegetables?" he asked in a perfectly normal way.

"Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and courgette sir, all finished with basil aioli." I replied not for a moment knowing what was to follow.

"No peas?"

"Alas sir, there are no peas this evening." I am the master of fake empathy.

"MMMMMMM..." he said in a rather thoughtful way in the direction of his wife"......no peas Margaret."

"No peas Brian." She replied looking quite taken aback. I stood there and said nothing. I wanted to give them a moment to let this most momentous of news sink in.

"Well what you want to do then Brian?" asked Margaret

Brian paused for a moment before answering, "I appreciate you have no peas on the menu this evening but do you have any peas in the kitchen at all?"

Oh holy fuckarama, we have a live one here.

"Eh, I doubt it sir or they would be on the menu this evening."

"Could you maybe check?" he asked. They were both staring at me, not looking but staring. Really, they were creeping me the fuck out. I did go and ask chef and he replied...

"Are there fucking peas on the menu?"

"No chef."

"So why would you ask me if I have fucking peas in the kitchen?"

"I dunno chef."

"Does that answer your question?"

"Yes chef." Cunt.

"I'm sorry folks we have no peas this evening. Chef sends his apologies but does recommend tonight's selection of vegetables."

"Yes, but no peas."

"No peas."

"Have you any runner beans or fine beans?" Asked Margaret. This was getting very silly and I needed to put a stop to it before they went through the whole pea/bean family.

"The only vegetables we have this evening are the ones I have already listed. Would you like a portion of them? They are rather lovely?" Never in the history of waiting had one waiter tried so hard to sell a fucking poxy portion of fucking vegetables.

"We really wanted some peas."

"I gathered that sir." By now I had a backlog building all round the restaurant. I could feel eyes burrowing into my back.

"We really love peas."

Now what the fuck do you say to that? I mean how do you respond to such a ludicrous statement. I had a vision of their house - pea ornaments, pea tea towels, pea coloured carpet. I bet they call each other sweet pea during intimate moments.

"I don't know what to do." Said Brian. You could maybe just maybe catch a fucking grip to yourself.

"Shall we just get the veg?" Asked Margaret

"I don't know if I fancy it."

"Folks..." I was getting very irritated "...shall I just pop back in a moment?"

"No, no we'll order now."

"So what would you like?"

"Not sure, what's in the veg selection again?"

I had enough of this, "Folks I'm really rather busy, peas release me let me go"

So they ordered the mushrooms and onions instead.

34 People trying to get Manuel's attention:

savannah said...

"Folks I'm really rather busy, peas release me let me go"
you are brilliant, sugar! absolutely brilliant! xoxoxox

Manuel said...

savannah: you got it......tremendous! thanks savannah!

Anonymous said...

What exactly is wrong with getting " kicked in the balls by a woman dressed only in high heels " ?

Peas.

Megan McGurk said...

The season for fresh peas lasts so briefly, why on earth would they expect them? Makes no sense.
It had me thinking of the vomit in "The Exorcist."
Bleurgh.

Manuel said...

sniffle&cry: hey each to their own....you like that sort of thing? can i spread that rumour?

medbh: oh our peas are very frozen....when we have them that is....

Anonymous said...

I just pea'd myself.

Manuel said...

maxi: peas go and clean yourself up....

Anonymous said...

Civil servants. I'd bet my left foot on it.

Manuel said...

bbb: the anality of it?

Silverstar said...

I never thought to find you stooping to the level of Archie. Bad pun, very bad. My compliments, sir.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) said...

Thesre's just no peasing some people!

Anonymous said...

All we are saying is ...
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thumbhp20peasachancevc0.jpg

Jenny said...

It makes my "thing" with fresh coffee seem a little more sane.

Katie said...

FFS peas? Get a life and try some other veggies!

Lottie said...

You didn't see Jeremy Beadle and a TV crew anywhere in the area did you?

Anonymous said...

Just had an image of Wallace and his Wensleydale cheese fetish there.

Manuel said...

silverstar: I thank you.....

quickie: tremendous

sherry: as above

boxer: you have a thing? eh......

katie: couldn't agree more

lottie: i've id seen jb id have pooed myswelf...he's been dead for ages now.....

sheepo: its nice to have a hobby....

Anonymous said...

Should have offered for the chef to grate the broccoli and roll the resultant bits into little balls. And maybe served on a bed of fake ginger.

Could have been worse though, she could have had a bag of frozen peas in her handbag for "later"....

Manuel said...

dad: she probably did!

Anonymous said...

peas to meet you

Lottie said...

"peas to meet you"

Should we guess your name?

The Mistress said...

What do we have to do to apPEASe you?

Native Minnow said...

I've never understood the ball kicking fetish myself, at least not from the view of the guy on the receiving end.

Was the guy from Duran Duran? Peas, peas tell me now, is there something I should know?

/lame joke

Old Knudsen said...

You'd think they would carry a tin of their own. Maybe they were talking about golden showers are they on the menu?

fatmammycat said...

If that bloody song in stuck in my head for the rest of the day I will personally drive to BElfast and deliver my own version of arse bashing. And it won't be the pleasant mildly kinky kind.

Anonymous said...

silverstar bade us come take a look at your pun.

All of you, peas stop!

:-)

PS. Manuel.....from Barceloooooona?

craftycorner said...

Oh dear, you must have been so very pea'd off Sir...

Manuel said...

devil, tome of the ...., and craft corner: welcome!

Jo said...

Ha! If they ever come back you must warm a bag of frozen ones down your tousers, and whip them out with a flourish, saying you prepared them earlier.

And that would warn off any sign of Chef's arse as well.

Two birds with one pea.

Red said...

to be a fly on the wall!!

Anonymous said...

I am never coming to your restaurant. I love peas. Pea people of the world unite. You have nothing to lose but your, er, peas.

Manuel said...

nationwide: welcome! ah peas be with you......

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, a compulsive punster. How do you live with yourself? I have the same disease so I live with someone else. Earlier this year I was involved with some peas.

Anonymous said...

成人電影,情色,本土自拍, 情色聊天室, 寄情築園小遊戲, AV女優,成人電影,情色,本土自拍, A片下載, 日本A片, 麗的色遊戲, 色色網, ,嘟嘟情人色網, 色情網站, 成人網站, 正妹牆, 正妹百人斬, aio,伊莉, 伊莉討論區, 成人遊戲, 成人影城,
ut聊天室, 免費A片, AV女優, 美女視訊, 情色交友, 免費AV, 色情網站, 辣妹視訊, 美女交友, 色情影片 成人影片, 成人網站, A片,H漫, 18成人, 成人圖片, 成人漫畫, 情色網,
美女交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人貼圖, 成人電影, A片, 豆豆聊天室, 聊天室, UT聊天室, 尋夢園聊天室, 男同志聊天室, UT男同志聊天室, 聊天室尋夢園, 080聊天室, 080苗栗人聊天室, 6K聊天室, 女同志聊天室, 小高聊天室, 情色論壇, 色情網站, 成人網站, 成人論壇, 免費A片, 上班族聊天室, 成人聊天室, 成人小說, 微風成人區, 色美媚部落格, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人論壇,
日本A片, 愛情公寓, 情色, 舊情人, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 情色交友, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 色情a片, 一夜情, 辣妹視訊, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊, 視訊美女, 美女視訊, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, 情人視訊網影音視訊聊天室, 視訊交友90739, 成人影片, 成人交友, 本土自拍, 免費A片下載, 性愛,
成人交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人電影, 成人, 成人貼圖, 成人小說, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人遊戲, 微風成人, 愛情公寓, 情色, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 做愛, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 寄情築園小遊戲, 色情遊戲情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 言情小說, 愛情小說, 色情A片, 情色論壇, 色情影片, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊美女, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, a片下載, aV, av片, A漫, av dvd, av成人網, 聊天室, 成人論壇, 本土自拍, 自拍, A片,成人電影,情色,本土自拍,