Subscribe...

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Three vicars walk into a restaurant...

People sometimes ask me if all my stories are true. The impertinence of it. Pfft!

"Manuel....", they ask with their curious little faces contorted with wonder and cynicism, "....are all your stories true?"

Honestly that's what they say, although sometimes they call me a lying/exaggerating bastard.

Family eh?

Who needs them?
Fr. Manuel says
"Believe!'


If you have ever worked with the great unwashed pool of genetic freaks that is the general public then you know, like I do, that anything is possible.

ANYTHING!

And if you work in a restaurant then the chances of something unbelievable happening are doubled nay trebled even. Things like this......

It was Thursday night and all was well in my world. My world stretching from table 2 to table 27 that is. I control very little of what goes on outside of that. The new waiter was on so I was basically covering the lot. She did a great job despite her lack of experience, well nothing went on fire and her tips were great. Which is the best you can hope for with new people.

We were silly busy early on but by half eight things had settle down to an acceptable level of work requiring me to only mildly sweat. I had been gushing like a fatman in a cake shop before that.

Attractive?

I'd say not.

Our remaining reservations had arrived and all were busy eating or ordering except table four who were stuck between the lamb or the pork. I wouldn't mind but it had been going on for the best part of half an hour. I mean how do these people make it through a day? Getting dressed must by like doing a multiple choice physics exam for these guys. They finally ordered, they went for the fish. Didn't see that coming.

As I stood back to check were we were at with our tables in strode three men of god. They wanted a "quick bite". Yeah yeah padre, I've heard that line before. But I got them a table and a surprising first round of Guinness. I served them their pints and as they lifted them in unison and clinked their glasses together the music system changed songs from some dull Jack Johnson-esque type wet pish to, and remember I'm not making this up, AC/DC's "Highway To Hell".

Fucking awesome timing I thought.

I love our music system, even if it plays Jack Johnson from time to time.

23 People trying to get Manuel's attention:

Megan McGurk said...

Hah!
Brilliant.
"Highway to Hell" indeed.

Manuel said...

medbh: I nearly went up and kissed the machine....but that's two flights of stairs....I don't do stairs.....

Silverstar said...

I do so love coincidences. But I wonder if the good Reverends even knew what song it was?

Manuel said...

silverstar: I doubt it....not even when I burst out with laughter......

savannah said...

fantastic! i love it when things all come together like that, sugar! xoxoxo

Jenny said...

do you think it was a "Message" from above?

Jenny said...

I mean to the men of God, not you.

The Mistress said...

Followed by Sympathy for the Devil?

Native Minnow said...

Great coincidence. Too bad your music machine plays Jack Johnson. Don't people realize that he sucks?

fatmammycat said...

It's a sign!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a sign from somewhere... Maybe not from on high though :-)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm.....

Can't beat a bit of AC/DC!

Manuel said...

savannah: like a plan!

boxer: yes, yes I do.....but like you say mainly for them not me......

mj: and hells bells....

minnow: he sucks, he suck he sucks so so bad. everyone's a surfer now........cunts....

fmc: well these are the people that are all into signs and what have you......

jen: you're probably right.......

dave: led zeppelin......and you knows it......

Anonymous said...

Should have ot some Reverend Horton Heat on for them

Manuel said...

boy wonder: quality wee man, quality.....

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee funny man

Niall said...

you do sell sweets so.... you were a fat man in a cake shop.. in a kinda way. I swear the music in that place is customer specific.like smells like teen spirit blasting out as a gang of millies walk in... comedy timing!

Manuel said...

jill and Niall: all praise is due to the music system......!

Lottie said...

It's for moments like this you wish you had CCTV.

Manuel said...

lottie: oh wouldn't that be sweet.....?!

Katie said...

Ha ha classic. I love it when things like that happen!

Manuel said...

katie: welcome.....makes my blogging easier that's for sure......

Anonymous said...

成人電影,情色,本土自拍, 情色聊天室, 寄情築園小遊戲, AV女優,成人電影,情色,本土自拍, A片下載, 日本A片, 麗的色遊戲, 色色網, ,嘟嘟情人色網, 色情網站, 成人網站, 正妹牆, 正妹百人斬, aio,伊莉, 伊莉討論區, 成人遊戲, 成人影城,
ut聊天室, 免費A片, AV女優, 美女視訊, 情色交友, 免費AV, 色情網站, 辣妹視訊, 美女交友, 色情影片 成人影片, 成人網站, A片,H漫, 18成人, 成人圖片, 成人漫畫, 情色網,
美女交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人貼圖, 成人電影, A片, 豆豆聊天室, 聊天室, UT聊天室, 尋夢園聊天室, 男同志聊天室, UT男同志聊天室, 聊天室尋夢園, 080聊天室, 080苗栗人聊天室, 6K聊天室, 女同志聊天室, 小高聊天室, 情色論壇, 色情網站, 成人網站, 成人論壇, 免費A片, 上班族聊天室, 成人聊天室, 成人小說, 微風成人區, 色美媚部落格, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人論壇,
日本A片, 愛情公寓, 情色, 舊情人, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 情色交友, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 色情a片, 一夜情, 辣妹視訊, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊, 視訊美女, 美女視訊, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, 情人視訊網影音視訊聊天室, 視訊交友90739, 成人影片, 成人交友, 本土自拍, 免費A片下載, 性愛,
成人交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人電影, 成人, 成人貼圖, 成人小說, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人遊戲, 微風成人, 愛情公寓, 情色, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 做愛, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 寄情築園小遊戲, 色情遊戲情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 言情小說, 愛情小說, 色情A片, 情色論壇, 色情影片, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊美女, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, a片下載, aV, av片, A漫, av dvd, av成人網, 聊天室, 成人論壇, 本土自拍, 自拍, A片,成人電影,情色,本土自拍,